Stir Fried Noodles with Green Curry Omelette
Serves : 1 person
Time : 30 minutes
1 Youmee Green Curry Noodles
150g mixed seafood
½ red capsicum
1 small carrot, julienned
1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
Handful of French beans
Salt and white pepper to taste
2 tbs of oil
Spring onions & chilli for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the Youmee noodles and cook until just tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse the noodles very well with cold water. Shake the colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
2. Cut open the green curry packet and pour it into a bowl.
3. Crack open the eggs into a new bowl and scoop 4 tbs of the green curry into the egg mixture. Add a dash of salt and pepper.
4. Chop the capsicum into tiny squares. Finely cut the French beans into 2mm width.
5. Heat a wok or pan with 1 tbs of oil, fry the garlic until it is browning.
6. Add in the carrots, capsicum and beans and toss in the wok for about 1 minute.
7. Add in noodles and the remaining green curry sauce.
8. Season with salt and white pepper.
9. When the noodles are browning and slightly charred, approximately 5 mins, remove them and place on a plate.
10. Heat ½ tbs of oil in a medium sized pan, cook the seafood until semi-cooked. It will take about a minute. We don’t want it to be overcooked when added into the egg.
11. Remove the seafood and set aside.
12. Heat up ½ tbs in the same pan and pour egg mixture into the pan. Make sure the egg mixture covers the whole pan in an even layer. After about 1 minute, add the seafood. The egg should be slightly firm before you add the seafood on it. Cook it for another 2 minutes and flip it. Cook for another 3 minutes until it is nicely brown.
13. Remove the omelette and serve it on top of the noodles. Garnish with spring onions and chilli.