Green Curry Chicken Dumplings with Sesame Soy Noodles
Serves : 2 person
Time : 60 minutes
1 packet of Youmee Green Curry Noodles
Handful of Shiitake mushroom
250gm of chicken mince
Gyoza or wanton wrapper
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbs sesame oil
A glass of water
Dressing per serving:
1 tbs thick dark soy sauce
1/2 tbs soy sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1/8 tsp salt (or to taste)
1/2 tsp sugar
3 tbs black vinegar
1. Soak mushrooms in warm water for about 15 minutes. When it’s ready for use, drain, cut and discard stems. Cut the mushroom tops into cubes.
2. Marinate the chicken mince with cubed shiitake mushrooms in Youmee’s Green Curry sauce for about 20 minutes.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the Youmee noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse the noodles well with cold water. Shake the colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
4. Mix all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Wrap chicken mince and mushroom mixture in wanton or gyoza wrappers in folds of your choice.
6. Warm a pan with 2 tablespoons of sesame oil. When it is hot, carefully place the dumplings and sear until browned. Pour a glass of water into the pan and cover it to steam the dumplings.
7. After 5 minutes, the dumplings should be nicely steamed. Get rid of any excess water. Drizzle more sesame oil around the dumplings to sear it again quickly. The dumplings are ready.
8. Toss the noodles in the bowl of dressing and serve with dumplings. The dish can be served with greens of your choice.
8. Thinly julienne ginger and add it into the vinegar for the dipping sauce.