Chickpea Harissa Ramen
Serves : 1 pax
Time : 45 minute
1 packet of Youmee Plain Noodles
2 cloves garlic
1 can chickpea
1 can diced tomatoes
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbs tomato paste
2 tbs harissa paste
2 tbs chopped parsley
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp sugar
1. Bring a medium pot of water to boil. Add the Youmee Plain Noodles and cook until just tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain in a colander and immediately rinse the noodles well with cold water. Shake the colander to remove excess water. Set aside.
2. Mince garlic and onion.
3. Sweat onion on a pan until it is nice and brown.
4. While the onions are cooking, drain the can of chickpea and give it a quick rinse.
5. When onions are brown, add in minced garlic and cook well.
6. Add in cumin and smoked paprika and continue stirring.
7. Add in chickpeas and canned tomatoes. Mix well.
8. Add in chopped parsley, then add 1 cup of chicken stock and the tomato paste.
9. Let the stock simmer for about ten minutes.
10. Season with salt and pepper. Add in sugar.
11. If it is a little too sour from the batch of canned tomatoes, add in slightly more sugar.
12. To serve, put noodles in a dish or a bowl. Pour the sauce on top of the noodles, then top it with some shaved parmesan.